So.......why is it that only when I look like death warmed over do I run into everyone under the sun? Last night was my night to work and so by the time I took the kids to school this morning I had been awake for, let's just say a REALLY long time!! So I got a three hour "nap" and of course still had to try and get some stuff done that goes so much easier without their royal highnesses. For instance....I got a haircut and literally almost fell asleep in the chair. Of course I so seriously almost fell asleep in the chair waiting to get a haircut! Then off to the Post Office to mail some packages, which of course took like ten years because the ever efficient postal worker asked me after every package ( there were 5) if I would like to purchase special edition stamps.....I would have thought the first two times I said "no thank you" would have been enough......hmm, don't you have to take some sort of IQ test to work for the government?? I think I am beginning to understand why we have so many problems with the government. ANYWAY so I finally leave the Post Office and I am off to the grocery store, which without the kids is SO much easier. Especially since Sam has decided to "help" mama and put strange things in the cart, I don't always catch him. Which has led to some interesting things when I am unloading the buggy. Hmm, that sounds like a good post! And so I have had three hours of sleep, I have my glasses on , no makeup, jeans and a T-shirt that I usually clean up in...so of course I am ready for the cover of Vogue and I promise you in the 45 minutes I was in Kroger I ran into 6 people. Seriously, a friend of mine almost didn't recognize me, I looked that rough!!!! But I did manage to get my errands run and groceries put up without "help" from little hands.
Well, enough glamour for one day, this fashionista needs some sleep!!!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
let's look on the bright side -- at least you had your hair done!
been there and done that at the grocery store. and walmart. and home depot. :)
We ALL have days like that and, you're right, those are the days we see everyone we know. Girl, I've seen you glam it up, and you totally rock it!
Ha! You are not alone. As a postal worker's daughter for almost 30 years now, I had to laugh about your experience with all the questions. I'll fill you in on a little secret. They are required by management to ask if you need stamps, need cash back, etc. They have "secret shoppers" (aka management) who pretend to mail things and if the clerk doesn't ask, they get disciplined. It can be very annoying. I've started telling them at the beginning--no thank you and I'm not the secret shopper. HA!
Post a Comment