I added some more of my fav music to my playlist, it's nothing that has hit the charts in recent years, but to me embody romance and classic love. I can remember watching As Time Goes By, all Bing Crosby's movies, Judy Garland movies and Casablanca with my grandmother, as well as my grandfather singing "Hello, Dolly." I don't have a lot of memories of him out of the pulpit, so I think the music is what I use as a link to sweet memories.
Since this is the week before Valentine's there will be an influx of what passes as romance these days....I sometimes long for the days of strings of pearls, long dresses and high heels. Nights on the town, dancing on the dance floor with the most intimate touch being leaning against your partners chest as you danced. Taking walks and actually talking instead of letting a movie take up all your time or trying to make converstation in a loud restaurant. It seems to me a lot of romance is lost in the commercialism and hype and pressure that guys are put under to meet sometimes unrealistic expectations.
I personally would love to spend the evening listening to this playlist and slow dancing the night away.........
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
The most romantic date Donald ever planned when we were dating was when he borrowed his friend's house and built a fireside picnic. We talked all until way past midnight while sitting on a blanket on the floor.
I am with you... love old fashioned romance.
Post a Comment