Monday, February 2, 2009

First Born

Again a repeat from a post from Facebook, but interesting nonetheless.....


Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!

Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes, I had been to the doctor to get on prenatal vitamins and discuss a few things, and for various reasons thought I might have trouble getting pregnant. My OB gave me three months to try and then was going to put me on Clomid......I was back in his office 4 weeks later pregnant.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
nervous- sad- I had to go to the funeral of a friend's dad the day that my labwork came back positive. I ran my own hormone level at the clinic where I worked. I was astounded that I was pregnant!

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
25

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I had blood drawn and sent it for a HCG level and pulled the results off the printer when I first got to work that morning.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Bill, I had ordered this devotional for pregnancy for parents and gave it to him with the lab slip tucked inside.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
yes, i am too much of a planner not to.

9. DUE DATE?
Feb 15, 2006

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS
Yes all day for 6 months.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Sweet Tea and club sandwiches from McAlister's, Limeade from Sonic.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
All the free advice from perfect strangers.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No, I knew I was having a boy from the first time I found out I was pregnant and thought it was great!

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
50 - 60, most water weight. I was massively swollen by the end.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew about them.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
yes-preeclampsia, HUGE baby, tachycardia

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Baptist

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
No labor, but when they hooked me to a monitor I was contracting and didn't know it.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
I did, I went in for an office visit and my blood pressure was up, had protein in urine and got a ride in a wheel chair across to the hospital for a c-section. I had to call Bill and tell him to find a place to stop in what he was doing that when my OB got through with clinic we were having a baby!!

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Bill, my OB and the surgery team, neonatologist and his team.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
C/S but anyone who has had a c-section will tell you that there is a lot of pushing done....just by the surgical team!

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Oh YEAH!!

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
9 lb 6 oz.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
February 7, 2006 at 5:56pm

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Samuel Andrew

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
almost 3

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I just love this. I am going to do it on my blog too!

I also love that the acronym of your son's name is his name too! Very clever!

Jennifer and Josh said...

Thanks for having my shower at your house! :) That's so sweet of you!