Thursday, February 19, 2009

And so it goes


Round two at the Dr.'s office this afternoon with wheezing, stridor, 103.5 fever ( which I know I am a nurse and understand the physiology behind fever, but it FREAKS me out when it gets that high.) and a very sick baby girl. Another CBC and oxygen check later, we were given a Rocephin shot and oral steroids and have to return in the morning. If she isn't better we get a chest xray and possibly a fun filled trip to the U......PLEASE pray with me that she is better in the morning. The only sleep she has had all day was while I was driving around waiting for her prescription to be filled and that was restless. She is at my feet playing right now with an empty coke bottle and straw ( and yet I have a billion toys in my house.) She is still breathing a little fast, the fever has gone down and seems to be feeling better. Please pray for a good night, croup can get worse at night for some reason.....and that the steroids don't amp her up tonight!!

Sam is on his way to my sister's....as much stuff as I packed up it looks like he is going for a month and not just a few days!! They have fishing and maybe some rodeo plans for the next few days. Kayla said he didn't even cry when they picked him up from Gram's, so that makes me feel a little better.

The funny thing about the above pic is that Sarah has never never taken a passy, I tried to get her to and now she just plays with them....she found one this morning and brought it to me to wash off and then walked around with it. And she is SO my child, when we got home and the car stopped, she woke up, saw my tea cup and very clearly said "tea." So she drank what I had left and I sent my sister to get her some more since she has barely drank anything all day, at this point liquid is liquid!!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

poor thing! i hope she gets better soon. let me know if you need me to bring you some tea tomorrow since i pass by there on the way!

Sweet T said...

I will be praying for Sarah and for you.

Anonymous said...

Tyanne, I am so sorry to hear about little Sara. It is so tough to have to see your baby hurting. I will be praying for a good night sleep for all concerned. Soon it will be spring with warmer weather and singing birds.O happy day.

Love to you...Ms. Pat

The Thornton Family said...

Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon.

Deanna said...

Bless her sweet little pea picking heart! I will keep praying for her.