Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rainy Day Slumber

I love rainy days like today, even though I slept the day away it was so fun to snuggle up under the covers in soft flannel PJ's and just pass out! When I was in college I would save my "skip" days to rainy days because it was way too much effort to find an umbrella or rain coat to walk across campus in the rain!! It was so much fun to spend the day in bed listening to the rain and reading a good book. I always had munchies in the room so there wasn't even a need to go to the cafeteria to eat.......of course the pizza places always deliver!!

Rainy days with the kids is usually somewhat of a challenge, I don't like getting out with both of them in the rain so we usually stay put at home. I try to bring out things we don't usually do--building a fort, painting big pictures, but sometimes we end up just cuddled up watching TV.

Happy Veterans Day to all those brave men and women who serve our country, and to their families who sacrifice time with their loved ones for our freedom. Thanks JD and Sonia!! We love you! My dad also served in the Air Force and was in Japan for two years, Thanks Daddy! We love you too! Wouldn't it be great if we treated everyday like Veteran's Day and gave those the respect they deserved?

2 comments:

Carly Winborne said...

So jealous of your rainy day spent in the bed. That sounds wonderful right now!!!

Deanna said...

I love rainy days too. Break out the hot chocolate and the blankets (even if I turn down the air conditioner!) hee hee