Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cheap Entertainment

Upon waking this morning to rain I knew that I would have to be in top "cruise ship director" form with the kids today! So with a break in the weather we loaded up and went to the Dollar Store. A few minutes later we hit pay dirt......those capsules you place in warm water and they dissolve into foam creatures. Tons of fun for a two year old!! Especially when you have a mean mama that won't let you put them all in one cup!!!( Until she is loading the next load of clothes in the washing machine and you shove several in one cup!) They had all different sorts of things to "hatch," but since we are all things marine right now we got the ocean life ones and then just some farm animal ones to sing "Old McDonald" as we dried them off! Such a hit!! When we got them all out and dried off he has ridden them on the back of "Big Red" AKA his red fire truck and let them swim in the "ocean" AKA the bathroom sink!! Such a great imagination and allowed this mama to get some clothes washed, the kitchen cleaned up and the living room straightened up!! Well worth the two dollars and fourteen cents!!!




4 comments:

Wilson said...

Great idea for some rainy day fun! Hope you got enough for tomorrow too! I am sick of the rain already!

Sweet T said...

I need to get some of those! Rebecca would love it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Aren't you creative ;)
The dollar store has wonderful cheap entertainment!! I've been there a few times in desperate need of a break!

Jen :)