Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Big Green Monster.....

has taken up residence at my house. No, it is not jealousy.....it is the snot monster. As a nurse I come in contact with a lot of things that most people think are gross, but don't bother me. I have two weaknesses though, snot and nasty feet. And as of Friday we all woke up with runny noses, coughs and stuffy heads. Sam only had fever once though and I am beginning to think he somehow got overheated in the car rather than having fever since he has been nice and cool the rest of the time. I hate wiping never ending runny noses and the "sleeve wipe" grosses me out, although I have learned that at times it is all ya got and you just have to work with it.
I am ready for it all to stop, especially since Thanksgiving is at my house and I have a lot to do to get ready for it!!

We had fun going to my nephew's first birthday, it was a very, very cute farm/barnyard themed party. My SIL made a very cute cake and even had a small one for Sam to decorate and eat. Here is a pic of him "decorating" AKA dumping a lot of sugar on top of the cake!




We stayed home today from church, which is pretty unusual for us. I was afraid of picking something else ( I hear there is a NASTY stomach virus going around) and I hate to go with runny noses and coughs since I am sure the other mothers are paying attention to who is sneezing/coughing, etc. So we hung out here and then went to my wonderful MIL house for lunch. The kids had fun playing and when we got back Bill was home.... YEAH!!!! No one got a deer any way other than on film!

This coming Saturday is the first Saturday since September that we do not have anything scheduled, although our social like picks right back up in December!!! I plan to get the Christmas decorations put out and when Bill gets home we will all decorate the tree, it will be a lot of fun with the kids. I plan to make snacks and a special dinner like my mom did when I was little for the night we decorate the tree! I think it will be a lot of fun! Sarah's sweet baby blues should sparkle with wonder at all the lights!! I can't wait to take them looking at Christmas lights!! FUN!!

2 comments:

Sweet T said...

I'm right there with you on the snot. We all recently got over our sinus infections. Hope you all are on the mend soon. I'm so ready to put up my decorations as well. Rebecca can actually help this year!

Unknown said...

Unfortunatly the green monster is making its way to our house too! I hope ya'll feel better soon! I can't wait to get my decorations up either. I'm trying to carry on traditions with my kids too as well as making some new ones!