Life has at least for now calmed down a little bit from the "birthday buzz." I have been washing and washing and washing clothes until the last load is finally in the dryer now. I am now in count down mode for next weekend when we go to Natchez. I am pulling the suitcase out tonight so that I can pack a little every day!! Next week will go a little faster since Monday is my night to work which means I will sleep most of Tuesday away!!
I was thinking about the trip and decided to blow the dust of my lingerie drawer ( the running joke around here is that Bill is going to start hiding my birthday or Christmas presents there since I never go in there......he is sooooo funny). Now the sad part......It is all pre-baby and my body is very much post-baby. Damage has been done from which there is no turning back and as such there are a lot of things that I have no business wearing. This is the gown that I found that I think I would solve all my problems, I don't think Bill would agree though! Of course with this cool weather these are my fav PJ's!! But again I don't think that is what Bill is expecting for taking me out of town without the kids! But what do you do with the lingerie that you can't wear anymore?? There's usually not enough of it to even make dust rags! I think I keep holding on to it as I do some of the clothes in my closet in hopes that someday that pre-baby body will show up....although I think that would require a lot of exercise and that does not seem like fun!
Although I did just reload my ipod shuffle with Christmas music ( yes I have been listening to it since yesterday and it makes me VERY happy!!) with the idea that I am going to get up int he morning and start running.....or at least walking.....ok so I may start out shuffling down the driveway and back!!!!! But it is a start!!!
Well Sarah has a check-up in the morning and then we head to Hattiesburg this weekend to watch some soccer!! Have a great weekend!!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
Girl, I hear ya! Only supermodels with trainers, a meal delivery service, and nannies can fit back in their prebaby clothes and make it look good. Have fun packing. I'm sure you'll find something Bill will appreciate!
This post made me smile! Don't feel bad, we all have dust in our lingerie drawer. Besides, who needs lingerie in the dark anyway? :)
I'm right there with you but in the words of my husband "Why bother with lingerie? It's just another obstacle in the way!"
Post a Comment