Thursday, July 9, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

Since the princess' birthday is creeping up on me and I am having a mind block about a party theme I though I would open a forum for suggestions, comments and anything to make me laugh ( it has been a long week in EKG class people, I need some humor.) I was thinking of doing a tea party but I think that would be more fun when she is older and actually "gets" it. So , help me out friends, I need to get crackin'.....Plus Christmas will be upon us before you know it!! How insane does that seem????

6 comments:

Pamela said...

oooh girl!! If I had a little girl, I would do a "damask" themed party! And you could find somewhere to use those beady chandaliers...do you know what I mean?? It would be so prissy and cute!! You could use "damask" fabric for the table cloth and stuff!!! If I only had a girl!! ;)Maybe next time!! Hee heee! Just an idea! Good luck!!

Carrie said...

What is she "into"? Hmmm...I agree...a tea party will be nicer when she can actually drink the tea from an actual cup without spilling it. Speaking of tea party, I've heard of an Alice in Wonderland theme/Mad Hatter theme. You could order the Mad hatter cake like MC's 1 year party cake. Or just a PINK party. EVERYTHING is pink. or whatever color she likes. Or by November we might all be wishing for warmer weather so you can have a luau. What's better than a luau/garden theme in November? hahahahaha!

Wilson said...

I was going to do a tea party for Addison this year and let all the little girls dress up, but the little turkey is insisting on an ocean-themed party...so I am thinking we may go to the beach for a few days and have a family party there. If you want some ideas, go to this site...it is fabulous. http://creativepartiesandshowers.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think candyland themes are ADORABLE!!! Table centerpeices filled with huge colorful lollipops from the dollar store. Those paper lanterns with cellophane(is that how you spell it) around them and tied on each side with ribbon so that they look like giant pieces of candy. Hanging everywhere. You could get them super cheap at the end of the summer or you could just blow up balloons and get the same effect. Lots of pink, blue and purple. Party favors of lollipops and Dollar store candy. I have TONS of ideas for a party like this. I had thought about doing this for Walker's b-day but after looking it was just too girly. Or a Poodles in Paris theme. Fake pearl necklaces for the girls. Lots of pink, black and white. I love party planning!!!

Deanna said...

I agree with Carrie... what is she "into".

If she likes dolls, she may enjoy having a baby doll party. All the guests could bring their favorite baby doll. You could have a picnic and the favors could be little bottles and items for their baby dolls.

If she likes flowers you could have flowers as your theme and paint flower pots and let them plant seeds in them. That would be your favor and your craft. Decorating with bright spring colors and either real or flowers made out of tissue paper would be very cute!

Taylor & Krisa said...

Email me your gmail address so I can share my Google Reader with you...I have about a kajillion party blogs that I read with a million good ideas!!!