Things I have learned in the past few days:
1. We have a great pediatrician who not only did not charge me for seeing both kids Tuesday, but when I was holding Sarah (who was screaming) he literally picked a big green boogie from Sam's nose and laughed the whole time. (Yes he washed his hands after).
2. When we returned to the docs office yesterday afternoon after the princess wakened with a speckled rash that I could not discern from eight thousand internet pictures whether it was roseola or strep rash-- they were very sweet to both a strung out mom and a sick little girl who screamed alot.....and I mean a lot.
3. Sam was sitting in the floor in the living room having sympathy sickness and told me his tummy was talking to him and it was saying "feed me, feed me, candy,candy!!" Tell me the Lord doesn't have a sense of humor and knew I needed a good belly laugh! Plus whose tummy hasn't said that before??
4. Since the princess looks like a speckled butter bean Sam has taken to calling "poka dot" this morning and she just grins as if he has announced she is Miss America.
5. If my husband should ever try to move me any farther from my MIL I think I would either stay here or she would have to move with us....seriously cannot live without the woman.
6. Thankful Big Lots had organic granola bars this week cheap.....was the basis of my existence this week.
7. My first little tomato plant I don't think will survive this week of illness....it got regulated to last on the chore totem pole.
8. The Lord knocked me down a few pegs this week after being so proud of the fact that I had kept the house like REALLY clean and had all the laundry done for a few days......
9. Seattle Drip is my fav place on earth, they are not just tea ladies, they are my friends. Oh and the princess has graduated to getting her own cup this week. For a few days that was all she would drink! ( no nasty comments, she typically drinks a river of milk a week and turns down ice cream for peas and butter beans).
10. Was anyone else upset when Private Practice cut off last night???? I mean seriously, I need to know what is going to happen to Violet and should not have to wait until next season!
11. My large Sak tote washes well in the washing machine.....you don't want to know what got on it.
12. Sam has to take a tee-tee specimen in Monday at the docs and they wanted the "first" of the morning so I had left Bill a old rubbermaid container to "catch" it in and there was apparently some serious talk going on b/c Sam refused to go in the bowl b/c "you don't tee-tee in bowls, Daddy." No we did not get the bowl back, nor did I want it back.
13. Although this seems to have been a rough week I am so blessed that in a few days the princess will be back to normal, with no lasting health problems and no hospital stays. One thing about blogging is that is has opened up a world of mother's with very sick babies who would love to just have a virus for a week......nothing like thinking of that at 3am to make you hug a little closer and say a prayer of thanks.
Well, the princess just crawled up in my lap and could melt the polar ice cap from the heat that is radiating from her little speckled body....back to nurse mommie!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
hilarious. i'm laughing out loud. you are so good at making lemonade from some seriously sour lemons.
i'm glad you're my friend and glad your little ones are on the up and up!
I hope things return to normal at your home ASAP and that you get the much needed rest that you so deserve! If I were in your shoes I would have probably locked myself in a closet by now! LOL! Your such a great mom!
What a week! Hope it's all well by now! Hey, I gotta try that Seattle Drip the next time I'm in MS. We should make a trip together since you have connections. I'll be in MS for two weeks.
Post a Comment