Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Conrad Christmas

Last Saturday we had Christmas with my family at my sister's new house and the kids had fun (even poor Sarah who was sicker then we knew!) Here are a few pics of the kids opening presents, Sam had so much fun and once he was through opening he disappeared behind the couch to "pway twains" with his daddy and Uncle Aaron.

He finally got to eat some Happy Birthday Jesus cake, after our quick escape from the church Nativity party where he wasn't listening so we left sans cake.




I found myself doing something this morning that I never thought that I would be doing....digging through toys looking for a certain one. Sam is getting a larger train set from Santa and several more cars that he talks about all the time. But in the last several days he has been mentioning another one over and over and hoping that Santa would bring him that car. I tried to play up that even if Santa didn't bring it that his birthday was soon. Which means nothing to an almost three year old! So this morning after I left the hospital I drove to the local toy store and dug through a pile of train cars and thank the Lord found the only one the store had! The package is ragged and torn and the barcode was missing. I took it to one of the salespersons and begged them to find a price and they were GREAT! She had the price in less than a minute!! All I can say is that it was meant for Sam to have that car! The set my sister and her husband gave her had been packed up and sent with him everytime he has gone to my MIL house. Saturday night he slept with the trains in the bed with him and at 3:30am when I was up with Sarah, I had to go tell him to go back to sleep and not play with his trains!! HE LOVES THEM!!

On a side note, RSV seems to be particularly nasty this year so those with tiny ones be careful and stay home and practice good handwashing!!!! For my friends whose kids are sick, please know that we are praying for you all and hope you feel better soon!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't boys great! Mine will wake up at 5am and start playing playstation or with light sabers. We are constantly reminding them that if it is still dark outside little boys should be sleeping. Your kids are too cute! I hope ya'll have a great Christmas!

Wilson said...

Have a very Merry Christmas! And thanks for the prayers...we need them. I can't wait to get these kids well. I took your advice and called to get added to the cancellation list. Thanks!

Carly Winborne said...

merry christmas to you!

The Thornton Family said...

Oh no! Y'all too? Jake also has RSV. Hope Sarah feels better soon.