Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A whole lotta nothing

is exactly what we have been doing. Trying to chill as much as possible before school, soccer, choir, field trips, mother' s morning out, etc. starts!! My little mom agenda is filling up quickly!! Truth be told I am so excited I can hardly stand it for all of it to start, I can't wait to be soccer mom and room mom and tag along on field trips!!

Got all of Sam' s gear for soccer, waiting on an UT Adidas windsuit to come in before I post a pic of him in all his adidas soccer glory...he looks like a walking advertisement for Adidas soccer and LOVES every minute of it! Bill spent some time this afternoon working with him on kicking the ball and passing it back and forth, I love to see that!! Sam is so excited he can hardly stand it to have a "real" soccer game!!

The buying has begun for the Sweet Shoppe! I found some sticky note pads with candies on them from the dollar bins at Target and with some help from my SIL got enough for the beginnings of party favors. Then found round bubble wands to wrap in cellophane to look like lollipops to add the the favor pails/baskets. Can you tell I am a little excited about this party?? Am scoping several smocked outfits on ebay right now to wear for the party, plus some ribbon with lollipops on it to help decorate.....something!! What I need to know now is does anyone know of one of those bulk candy stores with a lot of candy in those bins like what used to be at Metro?
Next is to start scoping out glass containers at Hobby Lobby!!! Will keep you up to date!!

Gotta run, I am so far failing miserably at trying to get up early this week and start our school routine....I am so one of those "just five more minutes" kinda people!!!

4 comments:

Wilson said...

I bet the party is going to be precious!

Anonymous said...

There is a place on Old Fannin called Candy's Confections that sells it in bulk. I don't know how expensive they are though. When I was orginally thinking aout using this theme for Walker's birthday I got a lot of ideas from the site http://www.hostesswiththemostess.com/themes/birthday/candyland_birthday_party This lady used this theme for the former bachlorette Trista's son's first birthday. Anywho I gots lots of ideas then looked for the stuff she used on Ebay.

Ashley said...

so good to hear from you! Your kids are precious and I have to admit that I had to stop myself from thinking about my 6 week old baby's first birthday after hearing your cute ideas and checking out those websites!

Carly Winborne said...

i've been to a bday party at candy's confections that cari jo mentioned and it's unbelievable! the party there was lots of fun, not too big and overdone if you wanted to go that route. if not, you could still get lots of good ideas! see if you can get the willie wonka movie and have it playing at the party. you could always do a game using the 'golden ticket' concept. whoever has the golden ticket gets a prize or something!