
I can remember getting up early on Saturday morning and running to the living room to watch cartoons and only going to get breakfast during commercials......it is basically a right of passage for all kids. What is funny is that they are still running some of the same cartoons. I lived for the smurfs......who doesn't look good in blue? I had a smurf room and my great uncle made me wooden smurfs which were fantastic!!! I was channel surfing the other day and actually saw the smurfs on TV......the quality of the cartoon was pretty funny and yet in my mind there is no difference between the way cartoons look now and those then.
My sister kept the kids last week so we could go to a wedding and had a blast showing Sam and Sarah parts if the "Muppet Babies" on youtube.......as well as elmo's potty song ( more about that in a minute). But I had totally forgotten about Muppet Babies and I LOVED that cartoon as a kid. The princess thinks that is the funniest thing she has ever seen ( although to be fair it isn't like she has a vast composite of comedy to choose from). The clip from Muppets take Manhattan where they are babies and singing is the princess' fav. I haven't figured out how to post video yet.......
We are not huge Sesame Street watcher so imagine my surprise when one of the clips Sam is now wanting to watch is Elmo and his daddy's potty song, if you haven't seen it is hysterical!! The most hysterical is the end when Elmo's dad starts looking for the air freshener and Sam looks at me and told me that was "to get the stink out!!" Out of the mouths of babes!! Of course this is the same child a few weeks ago when he got his hair cut when asked what he had done today cocked his head to the side and said" I go poo-poo." I just about died, of course everyone cracks up. The crazy thing is we had done a lot of stuff that day- painting, puzzles and I think we had even played outside but you can see what rated in his mind...........I think it is just part of being male!!
We have had a great Saturday, grandparents came to visit and the weather was great for playing outside!! I LOVE fall, it is my absolute favorite time of year.....I am almost ready to trade my tea addiction for apple cider at Seattle Drip, it just needs to cool off a little more!! Hope you all are having a great weekend.
3 comments:
Ah, yes, potty training. Rebecca's new fave is faking us out with "poo poo potty". She says it when she wants out of her bed, out of her highchair, doesn't want to eat what's on her plate, so forth and so on. It's a mad dash to the potty, though, only to get that cute little grin once I put her on there and there's "nooooo poop!"
I loved the muppet babies, too! i'll have to show that to JA - you know she'd love it!
i've tagged you with the questions on my blog...
They are so sweet watching cartoons! Saturday morning cartoons are the best.
Post a Comment