This has been a trying week, a dear friend is in the hospital and for someone who is a control freak it is hard to sit back and not be able to do anything except be in constant prayer. At the same time knowing that nothing else I could do would even come close to being as effective as prayer. Sam has sensed that I am a little "off" I guess and has been giving me extra hugs and kisses. This afternoon when I laid him down for his nap I came back downstairs and could hear him over the monitor. When I laid him down I read "Baby Beluga" and let him keep the book in bed with him. As I was cleaning up from lunch I heard the sweetest little voice over the monitor singing "just a little white whale on the go, He's just a little white whale on the go." Tears immediately sprang to my eyes as I silently thanked the Lord not only that sweet little song but the fact that both my children are healthy and compared to many, I have no problems. I have a beautiful home with a wonderful husband who loves me deeply, I have been blessed with two beautiful children who are sweet and loving and whose smiles could melt the coldest heart. I have family close and who are always willing to help when I need it, but I also have the best friends in the world who listen to me rant and fuss and cry with me at times and never judge me, but accept the all aspects of my personality ( which the argument could be made that it is a tall order!)
As we come closer to the national day of Thanksgiving I can't help but reiterate what someone says every year, that every day should be a day of thanks. God gives each day to glorify Him and be blessed in everything that we do......how lucky are we???
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
4 comments:
Amen...couldn't have said it better than myself. I've had one of those weeks too, but this too shall pass. Thanks be to God for giving us daily doses of goodness and blessings in the midst of chaos.
You are so precious. I admire you for so many things you do. You are a terrific friend and I'm glad to count you among mine.
Tyanne, I love your blog. I am so glad I found it through Krisa. Your children are soooo precious!
God has blessed us so much! I came across a verse a few weeks ago that has helped me through some rough spots lately. "Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him and he will help you!" What an awesome promise!
Post a Comment