Saturday, July 31, 2010

And so it goes....

Well since I know you all have been dying to know what caused part of my ceiling to fall out and here is, as Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story." My wonderful husband and father-in-law begin to poke around in the ceiling.....I had given the kids their baths upstairs and no water was leaking from the ceiling so then someone suggested to flush the potty upstairs....and the rains fell. Apparently the wax ring around the potty, which is over thirty years old, had finally bitten the dust. So upon taking the potty apart and looking at the drain....I get a list of supplies to get from the Home Depot the next day. Now, nothing could have looked funnier than my two kids in one of those racing car buggies, which I am normally totally against because of my lack of navigation skills, but I knew it would keep them contained and happy while I read forty different potty screw packages to find the right ones. So not only are we there early in the morning but it was also apparently inventory time. So as I am trying desperately to find the corresponding items on my list....the only people on the aisles are inventory people..not employees...I am in their way, they are in my way.....seriously people, pay a little more money and inventory at night when the store is closed!! Anyway, left with what I thought I was supposed to have and paint samples of the paint I had picked for the walls. So long story short, cheap fix for the leak, the potty upstairs no longer makes it rain through my living room ceiling, and I love the colors I picked out!! My fab MIL is coming to patch the hole in the ceiling and the royal palace is once again on track to becoming like new. Huge blessing that I poked my fingers through the ceiling or the leak could have been much worse, could have had someone sitting on my couch when the ceiling decided to give up and fall down.

Here is a pic of the big wall in my living room as it looks as of this morning...pulled the crown molding down and stripped the gloss off the chair rail. Baseboards came up earlier this week, the hole in the ceiling is now squared off ready to be patched! I hope by mid-week this week to have trim primed and painted and walls painted....we shall see! Stay tuned!!

No comments: