Saturday, July 24, 2010

And the old shall be made new......albeit slowly

In the last few days I have been inspired to basically revamp the whole inside of my house. Which has led to the fact that 1. I have very expensive tastes....when looking, if I like it...the rule of thumb is that it will in fact be the most expensive of all displayed. In ceiling fans, lamps, material,tile, sinks...you get the point. Case in point...was looking at kitchen sinks because when we replace the countertops will have to have new sink bc right now it is all one slab....the first sink I happened to like was $499....I mean really???
2. Changing paint colors then leads to changing trim colors which leads to new curtains to painting the brick which leads to painting and distressing kitchen cabinets which leads to new kitchen counter tops.....you get the picture.
3. I need a real job....or at least to work more than once or twice every three months...anyone need a part time nurse??
4. I need to either start playing the lottery or start actually participating in the Publisher's Clearinghouse things that come in the mail.

Here is a picture of the fabric and paint samples that my fabulously wonderful decorating gifted MIL helped me put together this morning.....I am totally decorating challenged...seriously people!


I know the lighting leaves much to be desired, but trust me, it is really pretty! I hope to take pics of the process as we go along...even found some really pretty accent pieces at Hobby Lobby today!! Am going to have to re-wallpaper the downstairs bath (see last post about pulling 30+yr wallpaper off and the oooops factor)...so who sells cute wallpaper??

Two posts in two days....whoo hoo me!! ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

3 comments:

Sweet T said...

The fabric looks great! I can't wait to see how it all comes together. And I, too, have Neiman Marcus taste on a Target budget. But I know you can make it work!

Wilson said...

It's gonna look great when it's done. Love the choices y'all picked! I think we all have expensive taste. Not sure why that is! I was in the bed Friday morning and someone rang the doorbell and I wasn't about to answer it. I told Colin I was worried it may be Publisher's Clearinghouse..ha! Lucky for me, it was just Jehovah's Witnesses. :)

Pamela said...

I LOVE it! Can't wait to see in person! She does have good taste!