Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby it's FREEZING outside!!!

But inside it's nice and toasty! Although today didn't start off the way we intended, we missed the opening day of revival b/c the princess woke up with goopey pink eyes and with the weather in the state that it is, we thought it best to stay in. When the weather gets like this I just want to cook and cook and cook....It makes me happy to be whipping up stuff in the kitchen while the kids are playing and the fire is going. Plus my new KitchenAid mixer is a blast to play with!(Which I have a new refurb professional black KitchenAid for sale if anyone is interested, long story there, but let me know if you are interested!) I have made cinnamon rolls from SCRATCH, biscuits from SCRATCH.......and my cooking repertoire is expanding! I have gotten back into cooking blog stalking and have bookmarked several recipes this afternoon that I hope to attempt in the next few weeks!

Here are a few things that have made today such a fun day despite the weather!!

My new fav candle is one I stumbled on at a local hardware store and it is had been perfect today! It is a Circle E candle , the scent Spiced Tea and I adore it!


I think we have all had the same idea as far as cooking goes...SOUP!!! I made a huge pot of Taco Soup today! It will be great to have tomorrow if we are homebound all day! Plus I can heat it on the grill if we lose power! Luckily I still have a bag of fritos and a bag of tortilla chips left from New Years.


I tried a new dessert this evening and it is REALLY good! It is called Pig Cake and it is from one of my fav cooking blogs...The Pioneer Woman. What couldnt be good with pineapple, mandrian oranges, cool whip and vanilla pudding???


I am very cold natured....the coldest part of me is my toes, so after showering and being interrupted in the middle of getting ready by two sweet pink eyes I ran around for a while barefoot on tile floors, which did nothing to warm the little piggies up! So I grabbed two packs of these from the prince's deer camp bag and slipped them inbetween my sock and my Uggs and roughly 30 minutes later had toasty warm feet! I still have them in my socks as I type and my feet are nice and warm! I may buy them by the case from now on!!
Along with everyone else am watching the news closely for school and business closings! No point in setting the alarm if I don't have to! If we are in fact at home tomorrow I have plans for chocolate chip cookies, working on tweaking my cinnamon roll recipe and working on my video game skills.....or lack there of!!!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I love those candles too! I have "apple strudel" burning in my kitchen right now and it is delish! They last a really long time too!